Problems We Treat
The absence of one or more teeth can have a profound effect on your daily life, impacting your ability to chew, speak, and even your self-confidence. Causes of missing teeth vary widely, from accidents and disease to genetic factors. At Waterloo Dental Clinic, we are committed to helping our patients find the right solution for their unique needs. Dr. Ash will work to restore functionality and aesthetic appeal to your smile, helping to prevent further oral health complications associated with missing teeth.
How Can You Lose Teeth?
Missing teeth can occur due to a range of circumstances, including:
- Tooth Decay: Severe cavities can sometimes result in tooth loss.
- Injury or Trauma: Accidents can lead to immediate tooth loss.
- Gum Disease: This condition, also known as periodontal disease, can cause tooth loss over time.
- Genetic Factors: Some individuals may be predisposed to tooth loss due to genetic conditions.
Proactive Steps to Prevent Missing Teeth
Taking a proactive approach can go a long way in preventing tooth loss. Here’s how:
- Maintain Oral Hygiene: Regular brushing, flossing, and dental check-ups can prevent tooth decay and gum disease.
- Wear a Mouthguard: If you’re participating in sports, a mouthguard can protect your teeth from injury.
- Follow a Healthy Diet: Consuming less sugary and acidic food can help prevent tooth decay.
Restoring Missing Teeth
We provide an array of solutions to restore your smile and functionality:
- Dental Bridges: These artificial teeth are anchored to adjacent teeth to fill a gap in your smile.
- Dental Implants: These act as a replacement for tooth root and are capped with a crown for a natural-looking result.
- Dentures: Full or partial sets can replace multiple missing teeth.
- Implant-Supported Bridges and Dentures: These options provide enhanced stability for those needing to replace multiple teeth.