Problems We Treat
Crooked or misaligned teeth can affect more than just your confidence; they can also lead to various oral health issues. Dr. Ash and his team are skilled at treating and improving the alignment of your teeth, enhancing both your smile and oral health.
What Causes Crooked Teeth
Crooked or misaligned teeth can be the result of several factors:
- Genetics: Just like the color of your eyes or hair, the alignment of your teeth can be inherited from your parents.
- Premature Loss of Baby Teeth: If baby teeth are lost too early, the remaining teeth can shift, making it difficult for permanent teeth to find room to come in.
- Poor Oral Habits: Prolonged habits in childhood such as thumb sucking, pacifier use, or bottle feeding can influence the alignment of your teeth.
- Jaw Size: A small jaw may not have enough room to accommodate all the teeth, leading to crowding or crooked teeth.
Recommendations to Prevent Crooked Teeth
While you can’t change genetic predispositions or jaw size, there are things you can do to prevent or minimize the likelihood of developing crooked teeth:
- Monitor Oral Habits in Children: Try to curb thumb sucking and prolonged pacifier use after the age of 3.
- Regular Dental Check-ups: Regular visits to Dr. Ash can help detect potential issues early.
- Orthodontic Evaluation: If misalignment is detected, an early orthodontic evaluation can help plan for treatment before the issue becomes severe.
How We Treat Crooked Teeth
The treatment for crooked teeth will depend on the severity of the misalignment. Dr. Ash offers a range of solutions:
- Orthodontics: Traditional braces or clear aligners such as Invisalign can correct the alignment of your teeth over time.
- Veneers: Veneers can correct minor misalignment and are also a great solution for enhancing the appearance of your smile.
- Bonding: For minor crookedness, bonding can be used to reshape a tooth, making it appear straighter.